Transfer & International Students

Transfer Students

Students interested in transferring from another university should contact Heather Chewning, associate director of the MPA Program, at University policy allows up to 14 transfer credits from an accredited school. Courses must have a grade of B or better and be approved by BYU MPA faculty. Students exploring this option may email course syllabi and course descriptions. The BYU MPA program will review the material and let applicants know whether or not courses will qualify for transfer credit.

International Applicants

The BYU MPA program is deeply committed to the global emphasis of the Marriott School, and we welcome international applicants. International applications, including entrance exams and English language scores, are due by 15 January. International students have a mandatory new student orientation the first and second week of August. Please also see the university’s International Student Application Instructions.

English Language Exam

The BYU International applicants are required to demonstrate an acceptable level of proficiency in the English language to satisfy the university’s requirements for admission to graduate study. All applicants whose native language is not English and who have not received a bachelor’s degree (or higher) from an educational institution in the United States are required to submit official E3PT, IELTS, TOEFL, or CAE scores in order to be considered for admission. University score requirements are detailed here