Once degrees have been posted, graduates will be sent their diploma within five to eight weeks after graduation.
To ensure these graduation and future alumni-related mailings reach you, please check and update your “mailing address” in the BYU directory.
If you missed picking up a printed copy, you can still view and download a PDF of the BYU Marriott convocation program which includes a list of all graduating students.
The below graduation information is now outdated and is shown only for reference.
At convocation, professional photographers took two photos of each graduate. Students should have received an email from Island Photography with instructions on how to download and purchase these photos.
- Prior to entering the stage, one photo was taken with each graduate holding a diploma. (This photo is available for purchase.)
- On stage, one photo was taken of each graduate with Dean Madrian. (This 5″x7″ photo is being gifted to you by BYU Marriott.)
We hope everyone enjoyed snapping selfies and posing with family and friends in front of the branded backdrop displays at locations in the Tanner Building. Remember to tag and share your photos using
Commencement—April 27, 2023
Commencement is for all BYU graduates.
- You must wear a cap and gown to attend commencement and convocation. Tuesday and Wednesday are the last days to purchase. See caps and gowns for information.
- Arrive at the ASB northeast parking lot by 8:45 a.m. (see map below)
- Line up in the BYU Marriott line by 9 a.m.
- Tickets required (up to three guests)
- Marriott Center doors open at 8:30 a.m.
- Please be seated by 9:15 a.m.
- Commencement will be broadcast
Find the latest information on the university’s graduation dates, deadlines, and commencement exercises, along with instructions for ordering required attendee tickets at BYU Commencement.
Convocation—April 28, 2023
Graduates from all programs within BYU’s Marriott School of Business will attend one of two in-person convocation sessions to be held at the Marriott Center. All students who graduate during the 2022-23 academic year1 are invited to participate in the April 2023 graduation ceremonies. Family2 and friends are welcome to come and cheer as we honor each BYU Marriott graduate.
- BYU Marriott programs will hold convocation on Friday, April 28, 2023, in two sessions at the following times:
- 2:30 p.m.—Entrepreneurship, experience design, finance, global supply chain, human resources, marketing, strategy, general business, and bachelor of general studies—business graduates
- 5:30 p.m.—MAcc, MBA/EMBA, MISM, MPA/EMPA, accounting, and information systems graduates
During this momentous occasion, we will first hear from guest speaker, Nathan Savage—senior executive, member of BYU Marriott”s National Advisory Council, and BYU alum. After his address, graduating students’ names will be read as they walk across the stage to be recognized and receive their diploma cover. The in-person ceremony will last approximately 1.5 to 2 hours. The actual diploma will be mailed to graduates five to eight weeks after graduation.
- Arrive at the southeast side of the Marriott Center, rain or shine, one hour prior to the convocation start time to pickup name card and line up according to major in alphabetical order (see map above)
- Leave belongings and babies with guests (cell phones permitted)
- No tickets required for convocation
- Please be seated 30 minutes prior
- Processional begins 15 minutes prior
- The convocation ceremony lasts approximately 1.5–2 hours
- 1To walk the stage during April 2023 convocation, students must have graduated from BYU in December 2022, or be graduating in April 2023, June 2023, or August 2023. The university is discouraging past graduates from walking during this year’s convocation. Students graduating in December 2023 are encouraged to walk in April 2024.
- 2No tickets are required to attend convocation, so you may invite as many family members and friends as you like. Please note that commencement requires tickets (see BYU Commencement).
- A cap and gown is required to participate in graduation ceremonies. To maintain the dignity of the graduation services, graduates are requested not to alter or embellish the cap (mortarboard) or gown; it is not appropriate. (See the university’s Graduation FAQ page). Tuesday (April 25) and Wednesday (April 26) are the last days to purchase caps and gowns. See caps and gowns for information on how to order.
- What to wear
- Business dress beneath your robe
- Comfortable shoes as you’ll be walking a lot and climbing a lot of stairs
- Leave belongings and babies with guests. Cell phones are permitted.
- Graduates who would like to walk with a BYU graduating spouse or sibling (who also meets the convocation graduating requirements in the above bullet1) must complete this survey.
- ADA seating in the Marriott Center is accessible via the concourse level of the arena just inside portals F, H, L, T, and Y. Guests can access the concourse level from the north side of the the Marriott Center via the elevator on the ticket level. For more information, click Marriott Center, then choose Info & Policies and scroll to Disability Accommodations. For additional assistance, call Guest Services at 801.422.5608.
For families and friends who cannot attend in person, BYU livestreamed both BYU Marriott convocation sessions (2:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.). These sessions were not recorded.
Please note that the link will only be active during the convocation sessions.
View a PDF of the BYU Marriott convocation program which includes a list of all graduating students.
For information regarding program-specific graduation activities and receptions, please check with your program department.
Hosted by BYU Alumni, Grad Bash was held on Friday, April 14. Crowds of excited graduates came by the Hinckley Center to celebrate and to make the evening a great success.
We’d like to thank everyone who came up to the third floor to visit our BYU Marriott booth. Attending BYU Marriott students received a limited-edition gift* and played the duck pond for more cool BYU Marriott graduate swag. We hope everyone also enjoyed the food, fun, and fireworks at the Marriott Center.
*Graduating BYU Marriott students were required to attend Grad Bash to receive the exclusive college gift.