Congratulations BYU Class of 2022!
See highlights from the 2022 commencement ceremony > Watch video
Watch President Worthen’s Address on Propinquity > Video of President Worthen
Commencement—April 21, 2022
Commencement is for all BYU graduates. A cap and gown is required.
BYU Marriott graduates should arrive at the ASB northeast parking lot by 8:45 a.m. and assemble in line by 9:00 a.m.
Find the latest information on the university’s graduation dates, deadlines, and commencement exercises, along with instructions for ordering required attendee tickets at BYU Commencement.
Convocation—April 22, 2022
This year, graduates from all programs within BYU’s Marriott School of Business will attend one of two in-person convocation sessions to be held at the Marriott Center. All students who graduate during the 2021-22 academic year are invited to participate in the April 2022 graduation ceremonies. Family and friends are welcome to come and cheer as we honor each BYU Marriott graduate.
During this momentous occasion, we will be hearing from Liz Wiseman—New York Times bestselling author, an executive advisor, and BYU Marriott alum. After her address, graduating students’ names will be read as they walk across the stage to be recognized and receive their diploma cover. The in-person ceremony will last approximately 1.5 to 2 hours. The actual diploma will be mailed to graduates five to eight weeks after graduation.
- BYU Marriott programs will hold convocation on Friday, April 22, 2022, in two sessions at the following times:
- 2 p.m.—Entrepreneurship, experience design, finance, global supply chain, human resources, marketing, strategy, general business, and bachelor of general studies—business graduates
- 5 p.m.—MAcc, MBA/EMBA, MISM, MPA/EMPA, accounting, and information systems graduates
For families and friends who cannot attend in person, BYU will livestream both BYU Marriott convocation sessions (2 p.m. and 5 p.m.). Click the button below to watch the live broadcast.
Please note that the the link will be active during convocation sessions only.
Printed programs for BYU Marriott’s convocation sessions will be available in the Marriott Center for all graduates and convocation attendees. If you would like to download a PDF version of the program, click the button below.
- On convocation day, graduates should arrive at the southeast side of the Marriott Center, rain or shine, one hour prior to their convocation start time to pick up their name card and line up according to major in alphabetical order; see above for which time your program is gathering.
- A cap and gown is required to participate in graduation ceremonies. To maintain the dignity of the graduation services, graduates are requested not to alter or embellish the cap (mortarboard) or gown. It is not appropriate. (See the university’s Graduation FAQ page). Also see the Caps and Gowns information page for ordering questions.
- No tickets are required to attend convocation, so you may invite as many family members and friends as you like. Please note that commencement requires tickets (see BYU Commencement).
- What to wear
- Business dress beneath your robe
- Comfortable shoes as you’ll be walking a lot and climbing a lot of stairs
- Leave belongings and babies with guests. Cell phones are permitted.
- To walk the stage during April 2022 convocation, students must have graduated from BYU in December 2021, or be graduating in April 2022, June 2022, or August 2022. The university is discouraging past graduates from walking during this year’s convocation. Students graduating in December 2022 are encouraged to walk in April 2023.
- Graduates who would like to walk with a BYU graduating spouse or sibling must complete this survey.
Branded backdrop displays are set up in the Tanner Building from April 4 through April 28. These unique photo ops are a fun place to snap selfies and pose with friends and family.
On convocation day, professional photographers will take three photos of each graduate:
- Prior to entering the stage, one photo with graduate holding a diploma
- One headshot of graduate with audience in background
- On stage, one photo with graduate and Dean Madrian
Make sure to tag and share your celebratory graduation photos using: #byumarriottgrad #byugrad
Social Media Recognition
- Use #byumarriottgrad to share your celebration with the college.
- Use #byugrad to share your celebration with the university.
Once degrees have been posted, graduates will be sent their diploma within five to eight weeks after graduation.
To ensure these graduation and future alumni-related mailings reach you, please check and update your “mailing address” in the BYU directory.
Hosted by BYU Alumni, Grad Bash was held on Friday, April 8. Crowds of excited graduates came by the Hinckley Center to celebrate and to make the evening a great success. We’d like to thank everyone who dropped by the BYU Marriott booth to pickup fireworks glasses, glow bracelets, and to play Plinko for some cool BYU Marriott graduate swag. We hope you enjoyed the food, fun, and fireworks.