The Department of Management is comprised of three main research and teaching groups: entrepreneurship, human resources, and strategy. These groups are committed to developing outstanding leaders in both established and startup organizations using the most advanced tools designed to solve management problems.
The mission of the entrepreneurship program is to develop outstanding entrepreneurs who know how to create new value in either a start-up environment or in established organizations. The program helps students build the knowledge, skills, and networks necessary to successful launch new ideas and new ventures.
Human Resources Program
The mission of the human resources program is to develop outstanding leaders with the knowledge and skills to effectively manage human capital and knowledge as a source of competitive advantage. Students are also well prepared to effectively perform human resource management functions. The program places students in leadership and human resource functions in major corporations.
The mission of the strategy program is to develop outstanding leaders who know how to formulate and implement strategy and solve complex management problems. The program helps place students in management consulting firms, in business analyst positions in major corporations, or in entrepreneurial ventures.
Purposes of Fundraising for Management Programs
The money contributed to these programs will be used for the following purposes:
- To educate new students about the programs and provide meaningful orientation experiences.
- To provide student scholarships to attract outstanding students and help students who need tuition assistance.
- To provide developmental experiences for students, such as attending conferences and workshops and participating in case competitions.
- To provide enhance student placement, such as sponsoring career fairs and building relationships with companies that recruit students.
- To develop and support an effective alumni network, such as sponsoring conferences and underwriting alumni reunions.
- To support faculty research, such as providing faculty with research assistants, money for travel to research sites and conferences, and other needed support.