The Visiting Global Scholars program is designed to encourage faculty to engage in international research, assist faculty in the development of international teaching materials, and enrich BYU students by promoting international perspectives.
The GBC assists in hosting visiting scholars and uses its network of foreign universities and exchange partners to identify opportunities for Marriott School faculty members to travel abroad. The GBC will help co-sponsor up to five exchange scholars per year.
If you are BYU faculty and interested in becoming visiting faculty at an international university, please follow the process below:
- Decide the international university, location, and program in which you wish to teach
- Get written approval from the head of your department for your selected program
- Contact Bruce Money, GBC executive director, to discuss potential contacts the center has with your particular region of interest
- Work with GBC personnel to contact the international university to request permission for you to attend as a visiting faculty
If you are international faculty and interested in becoming visiting faculty at BYU, please follow the process below:
- Find a sponsoring department within the Marriott School of Business and find a hosting faculty. Obtain a written letter of sponsorship and support from both the department and faculty host.
- Get approval from your university for your selected program at BYU
- Work with GBC personnel and the sponsoring department to understand the nature of your visit (e.g. length of program, dates of stay, etc.)
- Fill out the Request for Issuance of Form DS 2019 with all necessary personal and travel funding information and submit to the GBC
- Submit proof of financial support to the GBC