To view contact information, verify you are human below:
Cody Reeves is an Assistant Professor in the Management Department whose work focuses on human resource management. He earned a Ph.D. in Business Administration from the University of Iowa and a B.S. in Management from Brigham Young University.
Dr. Reeves's research focuses on employee selection and development, team effectiveness, and temporal issues in the workplace. His research has been published in leading academic outlets including the Journal of Applied Psychology, Journal of Management, Human Resource Management, and the Academy of Management Journal.
Dr. Reeves teaches Human Resource Management courses at the undergraduate and masters levels.
Before becoming a professor, Dr. Reeves worked as a Human Resource Manager. He and his wife, Larkin, are the proud parents of two children.
- "Incorporating job demand variability into job demands theory: A meta-analysis", Journal of Management, Edition 6, Volume 47, Pages 1630-1656, 2021
- "Who emerges into virtual team leadership roles? The role of achievement and ascription antecedents for leadership emergence", Journal of Business and Psychology, 2020
- "Scientific contributions of within-person research in management: Making the juice worth the squeeze", Journal of Management, Edition 2, Volume 46, Pages 321-350, 2020
- "Reluctant stayers: Constructing a profile and examining the consequences", Journal of Managerial Issues, Edition 4, Volume 32, Pages 402-420, 2020
- "To link or not to link? Multiple team membership and organizational performance", Journal of Applied Psychology, Edition 3, Volume 104, Pages 341-356, 2019
- "Analytical abilities and the performance of HR professionals", Human Resource Management, Edition 3, Volume 57, Pages 715-738, 2018
- "Employee deviance in the digital age: A critical review and typology of workplace cyberdeviance", The Psychology of the Internet at Work, Pages 131-156, Wiley/Blackwell, Hoboken, NJ, Guido Hertel, Dianna L. Stone, Richard Johnson, Jonathan Passmore, 2017
- "Those with the most find it hardest to share: Leadership and empowerment in teams", Academy of Management Journal, Edition 6, Volume 60, Pages 2266-2293, 2017
- "Emergent leadership in virtual teams: A multilevel investigation of communication and team configuration antecedents", The Leadership Quarterly, Edition 5, Volume 27, Pages 745-764, 2016
- "Gender differences in physical ability: Revised estimates and strategies for reducing adverse impact", Journal of Applied Psychology, Volume 98, Pages 623-641, American Psychological Association, Washington DC, 2013
- "The Goldilocks pursuit during organizational entry: Applicants’ and recruiters’ search for the “perfect fit”", Oxford Handbook of Recruitment, Pages 437-453, Oxford University Press, New York, NY, 2013
- "The history of recruitment research", Oxford Handbook of Recruitment, Pages 335-360, Oxford University Press, New York, NY, 2013
- Outstanding Research Award, Management Department, 2018
- Innovative Teaching Award, HR Division -- Academy of Management, 2016