Marketing and Global Supply Chain
Whitmore Global Business Center
To view contact information, verify you are human below:
Simon P. Greathead is an Associate Professor of International Business and Global Supply Chain Management in the Marriott School of Business. Simon earned an MBA from Henley Business School at the University of Reading in the UK and a BS in Business Management from Brigham Young University in Provo, UT. Simon’s current interests focus on international business culture, buyer-supplier relationships, international negotiations, critical thinking, decision theory, and conflict resolution.
Before entering academia Simon spent 15 years in international business, primarily in supply chain and operations leadership roles in Europe. Simon began teaching at BYU in 2008 as an international business instructor and currently teaches global supply chain, operations, negotiations, and international business courses. He has won several teaching awards including the Merrill J. Bateman Student Choice Teaching Award and the BYU Online Outstanding Teacher Award. Simon has published in the Harvard Business Review, Ivey, and other notable peer reviewed journals.
Simon is married to Brooke, and they have four children: Luke (15), Chloe (15), Logan (12), and Lexie (11). He enjoys the outdoors and following England rugby and Liverpool Football Club. He also enjoys spending time with his wife and children, and in his limited spare time, reading early Christian literature and British history.
- Academy of Management — 2015–0
- Harvard Law School - Program on Negotiation — Hosted by Harvard seeks to promote international negotiation. — 2014–0
- Decision Sciences Institute — 2012–0
- European International Business Academy — 2012–0
- Institute of Supply Management — 2012–0
- World Trade Association of Utah — 2012–0
- "Traeger Pellet Grills: Cooking Up The Competition", Ivey, Page 7, Ivey Publishing, London, Ontario, 2020
- "Did we Grow too Fast?", Edition Nov/Dec 2019, Harvard Business Review, Cambridge, MA, 2019
- "CircusTrix: The Ups and Downs of International Expansion", Ivey Publishing, Ivey Business School at Western University, 2016
- "Supply Chain Sustainability at the Bottom of the Pyramid: The Context of Microfranchising", Decision Sciences
- Best Global Supply Chain Paper 2021, The Case Center, 2021
- Excellence in Online Teaching Award, BYU Independent Study, 2017
- Excellence in Teaching Award, Marketing & Global Supply Chain Department, 2017
- Merril J. Bateman Award Finalist, Marriott School of Management, 2015
- Best Paper Award for the Sustainable Operations Track, Decision Sciences Institute, 2012
- MSB Behavioral Health Committee — Committee/Council Chair — September 2019–0
- Adjunct Faculty Committee — Committee/Council Member — January 2019–0