Romney Institute of Public Service and Ethics
To view contact information, verify you are human below:
Breck Wightman is an Assistant Professor in the Romney Institute of Public Service and Ethics at BYU Marriott, where he teaches courses in economics, public policy, and public administration. He received a PhD in Public Affairs from Indiana University and an MPA from BYU Marriott. Dr. Wightman's primary research examines the executive search and succession process, often in the context institutions of higher education. His work has been published in leading journals such as Public Administration Review, The American Review of Public Administration, and Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly.
- Ph.D., Public Affairs, Indiana University, 2022
- Master of Public Administration, Brigham Young University, 2018
- Bachelor of Arts, Humanities, Brigham Young University - Idaho, 2016
- "Job Vacancy and Organizational Performance: Are Senior Managers or Street-Level Bureaucrats Missed Most?", Public Administration Review, Edition 4, Volume 82, Pages 660-670, 2022
- "Inside the Push for Good Governance: Institutional Predictors of Administrative Transparency in Public Organizations", The American Review of Public Administration, Edition 8, Volume 51, Pages 590-604, 2021