Associate Professor of Finance,Download Vita
To view contact information, verify you are human below:
Ryan Pratt is an Associate Professor of Finance at the Marriott School of Business at Brigham Young University. His recent work has focused on how secured financing impacts producers of collateral, as well as the firms and consumers that purchase durable goods. He has also studied the mispricing of corporate loans caused by the commonplace practice of comparables pricing. His work has been published in top academic journals, including the Journal of Finance, Journal of Financial Economics, and Review of Financial Studies.
Ryan received his Ph.D. in Finance from Duke University in 2012. Prior to graduate school, he worked as a software engineer.
- Ph.D., Finance, Duke University, 2012
- B.S., Computer Science, University of Utah, 2004
- B.S., Mathematics, University of Utah, 2004
- "Young Firms, Old Capital", Journal of Financial Economics, Edition 1, Volume 146, Pages 331-356, 2022
- "The Capitalization of Consumer Financing into Durable Goods Prices", Journal of Finance, Edition 1, Volume 76, Pages 169-210, 2021
- "Who Finances Durable Goods and Why it Matters: Captive Finance and the Coase Conjecture", Journal of Finance, Edition 2, Volume 74, Pages 755-793, 2019
- "Comparables Pricing", Review of Financial Studies, Edition 2, Volume 32, Pages 688-737, 2019