Preparing to Apply
The experience design and management program is a limited-enrollment program, so students are required to apply for admittance. In order to have a strong application, we recommend taking the following steps:
- Earn strong grades in the prerequisite courses.
- Take other recommended courses, including M COM 320, FIN 201, IS 110, and MKTG 201.
- Join the Experience Design Society Club.
- Complete an on-campus internship or relevant work experience.
- Correctly format and polish your résumé.
For more helpful information about applying, click here.
Most students apply after their sophomore year. The application consists of four parts:
- GPA: Grades will be evaluated by assessing the following:
- Prerequisite GPA in ACC 200, EXDM 300, and IS 201 (applications with competitive letter grades in at least two of these classes will be reviewed more favorably)
- Last 30-credit-hour GPA and BYU GPA (calculations will use the posted university grades)
- Résumé: We value content-rich résumés that are properly formatted and polished.
- Essay: We are interested in understanding why you think ExDM is the right fit for you and how it will assist in working towards your educational and professional goals.
- Video: The 60-90 second low-tech video you will submit with your application provides you an opportunity to demonstrate your unique skills, personality, and creativity. Help us get to know you a bit better through your video.
The application is due on the last business day of June at 4:30 p.m. MT. All prerequisites must be completed before applying.
To begin the application process, click here.