Extending an Offer
We realize employers have strict deadlines to find qualified employees, but we ask that employers adhere to our guidelines in order for applicants to make responsible and carefully considered decisions.
When offered a position, applicants shall be given a reasonable time period to respond. Avoid applying high-pressure techniques such as exploding salary bonuses and/or unreasonably short deadlines in order to persuade students or alumni to accept job offers.
Internship and full-time offers should remain open for four weeks from the date the offer was extended.
To provide the students enough time to make an informed and thoughtful decision, please follow these guidelines for extending offers:
Fall Semester (September – December)
- Second-year offers from internships: Offer open until 1 November or four weeks, whichever is later.
- Second-year offers from interviews (no internship): Offer open until 15 December or four weeks, whichever is later.
- First-year internship offers: Offer open until 15 December or four weeks, whichever is later.
Winter Semester (January – April)
- Second-year full-time offers: Offer open for four weeks.
- First-year internship offers: Offer open for four weeks.
Rescinding an Offer
If a firm must withdraw an offer for any reason, contact the Business Career Center as soon as possible so we may offer assistance to the firm and the student.