The three-year scholarship is designed for freshmen and sophomores. Students apply for the scholarship during their freshman year. In keeping with our high standards of excellence, candidates are selected for merit-based scholarships on their scholastic achievement and extra-curricular accomplishments. Even if you’re not awarded a scholarship now, there are other ROTC scholarship opportunities once you’re in the program.
- 100 percent tuition or housing and living allowance
- $1,200 yearly book allowance
- ROTC Monthly Stipend $420 a month
Call The BYU recruiting Office for details at 801-422-7725.
You’re eligible for the three-year ROTC scholarship if you have three years remaining, will be a full-time student, and meet the following requirements:
- Have three years remaining until degree completion.
- Have at least a 2.5 GPA.
- Be under thirty the year you expect to graduate.
- Agree to accept a commission in the U.S. Army.
- Meet required physical standards.
- Complete the Basic Course before entering the Advanced Course.
As a winner of a three-year scholarship, you are required to complete the MS I and MS II ROTC classes before you start the Advanced Course. Upon graduation, you have an obligation to accept a commission and serve full time in the Active Army, or part time in either the Army National Guard or the U.S. Army Reserve. This time may be served in a combination of full-time or part-time service.