Changemaker Film Competition 2021
Rules and Terms
- Films must be submitted by a current BYU student or BYU alumni. This includes students and alumni of BYU Provo, BYU-Idaho, and BYU-Hawaii.
- Your film must highlight a social problem and how that problem is being solved. For details, contact Rose Palmer (email@example.com).
- There is no time limit for submitted films. We anticipate that most films will be between three and seven minutes. We suggest pointed, conscious, and careful editing to encompass your main message.
- Film content must have cleared all rights to script, visual, and audio content.
- You must register on the BYU Changemaker Film Competition website here AND via Filmfreeway.
Terms and Conditions
By submitting your film, if it is chosen to screen at the festival, you give the Changemaker Film Competition, the Peery Film Festival, and the BYU Ballard Center for Economic Self-Reliance the rights to show your film during the Peery Film Festival, with no screening fees. In addition, the Ballard Center may use the project title and the filmmaker’s name and personal image as part of the Changemaker Film Competition and the Peery Film Festival promotional efforts.
You acknowledge that your film must be your original work and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity, or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. If the film contains any material or elements that are not owned by you and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, you shall be responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the film, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit use of the film by the Ballard Center. The Ballard Center may, in its sole discretion, disqualify film submissions for privacy or intellectual property infringements. The Ballard Center reserves the right to use or not use submissions.
You warrant that you have not entered into any agreement which will adversely affect the Ballard Center’s rights under this agreement, and that Ballard Center’s use of the film will not infringe upon or otherwise violate anyone else’s rights, and that the filmmaker shall have no obligations of any kind to any other person(s) except as stated herein. You further agree to abide by all appropriate federal, state and local laws and regulations in making the film.
You assume all risk of participation and acknowledge and agree that neither BYU nor the Ballard Center shall be liable for any damages, injuries, claims, causes of actions, or losses of any kind or nature resulting from participation in this film competition.
The Ballard Center reserves the right to interpret these official rules and administer the competition as appropriate and its decisions are final. This agreement will supersede any and all other agreements, oral or written, or any other understanding.